The cable SKD05-HT is a system cable for connecting digital camera systems and was particulary developed to be used in hazardous areas. It meets the requirements for cables and wires according to DIN EN 60079-14. When using the applicable cable gland, it is possible to insert the cable directly into flameproof enclosures. It is hightemperature resistant (up to +150°C).
The SKD05-HT is a high speed cable for industrial Ethernet for fixed installations in dry, wet, or damp rooms. The cable meets the transmission characteristics for Category 6 of IEC 61156-5 Ed. 2 even at -50°C. It has an excellent resistance against mechanical stress, oils as well as greases and is flame retardant.
- Meets the requirements for cables in hazardous areas in accordance to IEC/EN 60079-14 Chapter 9.3.
- Highly temperature resistant (up to +150°C)
- Tested for -50°C fixed installation.
- Sunlight resistant in accordance to UL 2556 Sec. 184.108.40.206 (720 h).
- Flame retardant in accordance to IEC 60332-1-2.
- Oil resistant in accordance to IEC 60811-2-1 (IRM 902, 4 h bei 70°C).
- Mud resistant in accordance to NEK 606.
- Tested for the standards: IEEE 802.3: Ethernet 10Base-T; Fast Ethernet 100Base-T; Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T @ 95 m.
- Tested for IEEE 802.3at. PoE+, max. 30 W per channel, max. 95 m.
IEEE 802.3 : Ethernet 10Base-T ; Fast Ethernet 100Base-T ; Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T
IEEE 802.5 : 16 MB; ISDN ; FDDI ; ATM ; Cable sharing
IEEE 802.3at : PoE suitable
EN 60079-14:2014 „Electrical installations design, selection and erection
IEC 60079-14:2013 „Electrical installations design, selection and erection
EN 50288-10-1; IEC 61156-5 ; EN 50173 ; ISO/IEC 11801 2. edition
EN 60332-1-2 ; IEC 60754-2
The cable is suitable for extreme high temperature applications (Tmax <150°C).
RoHS 2011/65/EU; Oil resistant in accordance to IEC 60811-2-1 (IRM 902, 4h at 70°C); UV resistant in accordance to UL 2556 Sec. 220.127.116.11 (720 h); Flame retardant in accordance to IEC 60332-1-2; Mud resistant in accordance to NEK 606
WWW.SAMCON.EU SKD05-HT / Cat.6 / 4x2xAWG26/7 - <charge number> - <xxxxx> m
Outer jacket: FEP GY
Diameter: 6.6 ± 0.2 mm
Conductor: AWG 26/7, blank
Diameter: 1.04 ± 0.02 mm
Color code: IEC 708-1
Shielding: Copper, tinned wire 0.10, optical cov. app. 70%
Fixed installed: -50°C to +150°C
During installation: -50°C to +150°C
During installation: 8 x diameter
After installation: 4 x diameter
Maximum tractive force: 1500 N
Weight: 62 kg/km
Loop resistance: Maximum 290 Ohm/km according to VDE 0812
Insulation resistance: 5 GOhm x km at +20°C
Characteristic impediance at 100MHz: 100 Ohm ± 5 Ohm
Test voltage: 700 V/AC
Signal term: 5.13 ns/m