The cable ASKD02-T is an armoured system cable for connecting digital camera systems and was particularly developed to be used in hazardous areas. It meets the requirements for cables and wires according to DIN EN 60079-14. When using the applicable cable gland, it is possible to insert the cable directly into flameproof enclosures. The ASKD02-T is a high speed cable for Industrial Ethernet for fixed installations in dry, wet, or damp rooms. The cable meets the transmission characteristics for Category 6a of IEC 61156-5 Ed . 2 even at -60°C and it has an excellent resistance against mechanical stress, oils as well as greases and is halogenfree.
- Meets the requirements for cables in hazardous areas in accordance to IEC/EN 60079-14 Chapter 9.3.
- Meets the requirements for cables in hazardous areas to avoid inter-zone gas-transfer in accordance to IEC/EN 60079-14 Appendix E.
- Tested for -60°C fixed installation.
- Tested for +80°C fixed installation.
- Sunlight resistant in accordance to UL 2556 Sec. 220.127.116.11 (720 h).
- Flame retardant in accordance to IEC 60332-1-2.
- Oil resistant in accordance to IEC 60811-2-1 (IRM 902, 4 h bei 70°C).
- Mud resistant in accordance to NEK 606.
- Tested for the standards: IEEE 802.3: Ethernet 10Base-T; Fast Ethernet 100Base-T; Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T @ 95 m.
- Tested for IEEE 802.3at. PoE+, max. 30 W per channel, max. 95 m.
IEEE 802.3 : Ethernet 10Base-T ; Fast Ethernet 100Base-T ; Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T ; 10GBase-T
IEEE 802.5 : 16 MB; ISDN ; FDDI ; ATM ; Cable sharing
IEEE 802.3at : PoE suitable
EN 60079-14:2014 „Electrical installations design, selection and erection
IEC 60079-14:2013 „Electrical installations design, selection and erection
EN 50288-10-1; IEC 61156-5 ; EN 50173 ; ISO/IEC 11801 2. edition
EN 60332-1-2 ; IEC 60754-2 ; UL AWM 21586
RoHS 2011/65/EU; Oil resistant in accordance to IEC 60811-2-1 (IRM 902, 4h at 70°C); UV resistant in accordance to UL 2556 Sec. 18.104.22.168 (720 h); Flame retardant in accordance to IEC 60332-1-2; Mud resistant in accordance to NEK 606
WWW.SAMCON.EU ASKD02-T / Cat.6A / 4x2xAWG23/1 GN J/W xxxxx m
Outer jacket: PUR
Color: yellow green, RAL 6018
Diameter: 12.0 ± 0.4 mm
Conductor: AWG 23/1, blank
Insulation: SFS-PE foamed
Diameter: 1.43 ± 0.02 mm
Color code: IEC 708-1
Shielding pairs: Plastic laminated aluminium foil
Shielding: Copper, tinned wire 0.10, optical cov. app. 85%
Fixed installed: -60°C to +80°C
During installation: -30°C to +80°C
During installation: 20 x diameter
After installation: 10 x diameter
Weight: 179 kg/km
Mechanical protection: Steel braid with wire 0.24
Loop resistance: Maximum 140 Ohm/km according to VDE 0812
Insulation resistance: 5 GOhm x km bei +20°C
Operating capacity: Nom. 50 nF/km
Characteristic impediance at 100MHz: 100 Ohm ± 5 Ohm
Test voltage: 1000 V/AC
Signal term: max 5.3 ns/m
Questions about our products
You are not sure which cable is the right one for your application. Perhaps our Topical Booklet and our Cable-Comparison-Matrix may help you for the desicion. You can find practical help for commissioning and installation in our video "Cables for hazardous areas in combination with ex-d housings".
If you have any questions about our products please contact our Sales Team.