The cable SKD02-T is a system cable for connecting digital camera systems and was particularly developed to be used in hazardous areas. It meets the requirements for cables and wires according to DIN EN 60079-14. When using the applicable cable gland, it is possible to insert the cable directly into flameproof enclosures. The SKD02-T is a high speed cable for Industrial Ethernet for fixed installations in dry, wet, or damp rooms. The cable meets the transmission characteristics for Category 6a of IEC 61156-5 Ed. 2 even at -60°C and it has an excellent resistance against mechanical stress, sunlight, oils as well as greases and is halogenfree.
- Meets the requirements for cables in hazardous areas in accordance to IEC/EN 60079-14 Chapter 9.3.
- Meets the requirements for cables in hazardous areas to avoid inter-zone gas-transfer in accordance to IEC/EN 60079-14 Appendix E.
- Tested for -60°C fixed installation.
- Tested for +80°C fixed installation.
- Sunlight resistant in accordance to UL 2556 Sec. 22.214.171.124 (720 h).
- Flame retardant in accordance to IEC 60332-1-2.
- Oil resistant in accordance to IEC 60811-2-1 (IRM 902, 4 h bei 70°C).
- Mud resistant in accordance to NEK 606.
- Tested for the standards: IEEE 802.3: Ethernet 10Base-T; Fast Ethernet 100Base-T; Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T @ 95 m.
- Tested for IEEE 802.3at. PoE+, max. 30 W per channel, max. 95 m.
IEEE 802.3 : Ethernet 10Base-T ; Fast Ethernet 100Base-T ; Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T ; 10GBase-T
IEEE 802.5 : 16 MB; ISDN ; FDDI ; ATM ; Cable sharing
IEEE 802.3at : PoE suitable
EN 50288-10-1; IEC 61156-5 ; EN 50173 ; ISO/IEC 11801 2. edition
EN 60332-1-2 ; IEC 60754-2 ; UL AWM 21586
RoHS 2011/65/EU; Oil resistant in accordance to IEC 60811-2-1 (IRM 902, 4h at 70°C); UV resistant in accordance to UL 2556 Sec. 126.96.36.199 (720 h); Flame retardant in accordance to IEC 60332-1-2; Mud resistant in accordance to NEK 606
WWW.SAMCON.EU SKD02-T / Cat.6A / 4x2xAWG23/1 xxxxx m
Outer jacket: PUR FHF
Color: yellow green, RAL 6018
Diameter: 8.9 ± 0.3 mm
Conductor: AWG 23/1, blank
Insulation: SFS-PE foamed
Diameter: 1.43 ± 0.02 mm
Color code: IEC 708-1
Shielding pairs: Plastic laminated aluminium foil
Shielding: Copper, tinned wire 0.10, optical cov. app. 85%
Fixed installed: -60°C to +80°C
During installation: -30°C to +80°C
During installation: 8 x diameter
After installation: 5 x diameter
Maximum tractive force: 140N
Loop resistance: Maximum 140 Ohm/km according to VDE 0812
Insulation resistance: 5 GOhm x km bei +20°C
Operating capacity: Nom. 50 nF/km
Characteristic impediance at 100MHz: 100 Ohm ± 5 Ohm
Test voltage: 1000 V/AC
Signal term: 5.3 ns/m
Questions about our products
You are not sure which cable is the right one for your application. Perhaps our Topical Booklet and our Cable-Comparison-Matrix may help you for the desicion. You can find practical help for commissioning and installation in our video "Cables for hazardous areas in combination with ex-d housings".
If you have any questions about our products please contact our Sales Team.