CCTV-Cameras for Chemical & Pharmaceutical Industries
Hardly any field has been so strongly altered by automated technology like the chemical industry. Process values that were still processed in large part manually in the 1960s led the way to equipment with process control systems and central measuring stations of today. High availability sensors and actuators almost make maintenance tours in the field unnecessary: the degree of automation in the chemical industry is high.
Cameras have to work reliably in places where people cannot work, or only to a limited extent, because temperatures or pressure are too high or there is a corrosive, acidic or sulphurous atmosphere.
How important progress is in the pharmaceutical industry becomes clear in the corona crisis. New active ingredients are constantly being developed, and existing processes are constantly being optimized. However, progress here also means producing better and better drugs more and more cost-effectively in order to survive in global competition. Plant safety plays a major role in this.
Camera systems in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry – eyes and ears in the field
What if a plant operator needs more information from the equipment than just a measurement? What if he had to be on site to view it? If he had to view it through a process inspection window to decide? What if security posts were necessary for work in the field? As “video sensors”, camera systems have entered the chemical and the pharmaceutical industry!
Process monitoring – cameras as inspection windows of the future
What happens in the centrifuge or decanter? Often processes are viewed through inspection windows. Object illumination, visual angle and installation opportunities are, however, often difficult.
- The ExCam series is characterised by a designed front flange and, unlike spherical cameras, can be perfectly mounted on an inspection window.
- Difficult illuminations are in particular no problem for the explosion proof camera ExCam IPQ1615: Our thermal camera ExCam IPP1280 even sees in complete darkness.
- High process temperatures and incidence of extraneous light, the smallest installation spaces, locations where there is no space for larger devices and where there is little freedom of movement during assembly are no problem for our ultra-compact systems such as the ExCam IPM3016 and the ExCam IPP1275. The ultra-compact cameras are also suitable for temporary and semi-stationary areas of application. They are waterproof, chemical and oil resistant.
- Chemical plants are extensive: long ranges and the most varied transmission media can be managed with the ConnectionRail series. Of course in explosion risk zones as well.
- Videos can be shown where they are needed. Of course, also directly in the process control system.
Security – coordinate work from the measuring station
Does the delivery function smoothly in a storage tank? Or in the removal system? Have the conduits been properly carried out at level 0? Have the preparations for the plant shutdown been implemented?
Our products are always just tools for our project planning. None of our products emerged from a project without a requirement! We see ourselves as a solution provider. Our philosophy: to advise customers comprehensively. To find workable and pragmatic ways together. And of course to implement a project to the satisfaction of our customers. Check us out! Read our references and customer reviews. Please contact us!